Today’s fleet managers need to know as much about business management as they do about the vehicles in their fleet. As fleet management has evolved over the years, the duties of a fleet manager have increased. Fleet managers today are required to deal with all aspects of business from law to human resources; emergency operations to strategic partnering; from effective RFP writing to constructing fleet policies and procedures. NAFA’s new Business Management Guide provides a wealth of professional fleet references and resources that can help fleet managers with the myriad of intricacies involved in their job.
A dozen well-respected fleet experts, including leading corporate and government fleet managers and consultants, were utilized to create NAFA’s Business Management Guide. The guide contains more than 250 pages of strategic advice, templates, sample policies and procedures, and bid evaluation exercises that allow fleet professionals to utilize in their own fleet.
The Guide consists of five key areas to make a valuable difference in your organization’s fleet operation:
- Law – Focuses on key legal subjects including contract law, tort law, negligence issues, bailments, employment law issues, and regulatory environment.
- Fleet Policy and Procedures – Gives fleet professionals the step-by-step process to develop, implement, and enforce policy and procedures, saving them vast amounts of time.
- RFP Writing – Provides guidelines, templates, and a bid evaluation exercise that allows any fleet manager to create effective Request for Proposals.
- Emergency Operations – Offers instruction on how to develop an emergency response plan or test your current plan against the samples in the Guide.
- Strategic Partnering – Explains how to identify, evaluate, and recruit potential partners so you’re able to capitalize on partnership opportunities.
“NAFA’s new Business Management Guide is the perfect go-to source of information for new and experienced fleet managers alike,” said NAFA’s Executive Director Phillip E. Russo, CAE.
Now through the end of the year, NAFA Members may purchase the guide for $79 (20% off regular Member price). The non-Member price is $139. NAFA’s Business Management Guide is available at http://www.store.nafa.org.