By Mike Cieri, MSIR, Vice President of Mardac Consultants
Goals are vital for motivating employees and monitoring their performance.
1. Establish DIRECTION for on-going activities
2. Identify EXPECTED results.
3. Improved TEAMWORK through a common sense of PURPOSE.
4. Heighten performance levels by setting TARGETS to be achieved.
Goals provide the MOTIVATION and DIRECTION necessary for growth and success in important areas of almost every business.
• If you or your company never sets goals for direction, how will your organization know where it is headed?
• If no goals exist for progress, how does the organization know where it is?
• If there are not goals for achievement, how will the organization know when it has arrived?
Question: Would you get on an airplane if you didn’t know where it was going to land?
About the author:
Mike Cieri, MSIR, is Vice President of Mardac Consultants and been in the Human Resource Management field for over 20 years. During this time he has held a variety of management positions, including several years on the executive management team of a large corporation as Vice President of Human Resources and Safety, as well as Vice President of Operations.