Utilizing technology and cellular connectivity, Bmmpr offers an intelligent vehicle security system that brings car alarms into the 21st century, delivering car owners active security and peace of mind.
IRVINE, CA (July 31, 2018) – Each year, the automobile industry touts the advanced technology featured in its new vehicles, but when it comes to consumers protecting their valued investment, most car security systems are still stuck in the dark ages, offering nothing more than door locks and a noisy alarm.
A new company, Bmmpr, pronounced “bumper,” is making major waves by bringing car security into the modern age with a launch of a security solution that provides consumers a bevy of metadata and real-time protection, conveniently accessed from their smartphones. Think of it as a car security system that is actually useful.
Considering that a vehicle is probably going to be the second most expensive purchase a consumer will make in their lifetime, second only to a house, the company’s new product represents a long overdue breakthrough in advanced car security, said Marko Mandaric, project lead and majority owner of Bmmpr.
Provided through a novel innovation of physical hardware and digital software, the company’s unique sensor requires no expert installation and can be set up completely within a user’s vehicle in three minutes. In the event of an impact of any strength from a tennis ball to a vehicle collision, a multitude of data is sent through a cellular connection directly to a user’s smartphone, letting them know when the impact occurred, the specific location on the vehicle and the severity of the impact. It doesn’t just stop at impacts- getting towed, wheel theft, cabin intrusion (door opening or window break), or even interior temperature monitoring (great for pets left momentarily in a vehicle), are all covered with a single installation. All of the information is easily accessible through the company’s expertly designed smartphone app, giving users the complete report in under 6.5 seconds of the event occurring.
“We’re solving this simple issue: passive car alarms suck,” explained Mandaric. “They make a lot of noise, but not much else. In a day and age, where vehicles are coming straight from the factory, enabled with not only Bluetooth but also Wi-Fi (even in the cheapest markets), it is absurd that vehicles carry no active security features that allow an owner to respond in real time in the case of an event. We created Bmmpr because your car is an important part of your life. Whether it’s owned, rented, or leased, it’s what gets you home, to work, helps you earn money, or drives your kids to school.”
Bmmpr recently partnered with top camera manufacturer, AUKEY, to add a wireless dash cam that connects directly to the Bmmpr app, so users can also receive an image from the camera, along with the events’ details.
Additional core benefits of the Bmmpr car security system include:
- Smartphone Link: Receive all impact information directly to your smartphone.
- Stored Impact Metadata: All impact information is stored on your smartphone for security and insurance purposes. Quick zip functionality to send off to adjusters.
- Immediate Impact Notification: Receive a notification on your smartphone within 6.5 seconds of an impact with any strength against your vehicle.
- Impact Strength Information: From a tennis ball to a vehicle collision, you can see from your phone the strength of what has struck your vehicle.
- Multiple event type tracking and identification: Impacts are just one type of event we register with our sensor group.
- Impact Direction and Location: See where your vehicle has been hit directly from your smartphone impact report.
- Keep Pets Safe: Pet owners can make sure pets are safe in their car as Bmmpr notifies users if the temperature reaches dangerous levels inside a vehicle with exact temperature sent directly to their device
- Exceptionally Easy Installation: Easily installed in your vehicle within three minutes and does not need any professional installation.
- No Monthly Plans: Coverage for the first three years of the security system is included in the MSRP. Only $20 USD, $25 elsewhere a year, afterward.
Mandaric, an inventor and entrepreneur from a young age and a 20-year-veteran of the visual effects industry, launched his California-based startup Bmmpr two and half years ago, after assembling a team of experts in hardware, software, design, and manufacturing.
“I was inspired to launch this project during a trip to Redmond with my wife,” Mandaric recalled. “Along the way, she had a craving for yogurt close to midnight. We pulled off the freeway and found a grocery store close by that was located in a dimly-lit neighborhood. While in the store, I realized how absurd it was that we just parked our car outside, stuff was just sitting out there, in our rental, with no way of checking back on it while we shopped. It bothered me that the tech existed to close the loop, but no one had taken the care to do this well. After building a proof of concept with off the shelf parts and having seen only a 10-second delay (event to phone notification via cellular), we knew we had something special and we set off filing our provisional patent at the end of the year.”
Bmmpr has launched an Indiegogo campaign to spread awareness about their product among consumers and the investment community. The company also has plans to eventually develop an adapter that can be placed on a consumer’s battery mount enabling Bmmpr to be available for any model or year of vehicle.