AFLA celebrated its 50th anniversary in style at its 2019 Annual Corporate Fleet Conference in Phoenix last week.
In addition to the fine educational sessions, dynamic networking and engaging keynote speakers, AFLA honored some of the industry’s brightest and best.
Erin Gilchrist, director of fleet for Safelite AutoGlass, was this year’s winner of the Fleet Manager of the Year award and Kenneth Jack, VP of fleet operations at Verizon, was honored as Fleet Executive of the Year.
AFLA celebrated four new inductees to AFLA’s Fleet Hall of Fame: Theresa Rogazine, recently retired VP for fleet procurement at Johnson & Johnson; Joe LaRosa, former SVP at Merck for global fleet management; and two late industry leaders, Bud Morrison, AFLA’s first president, and Bob Miesen, one-time SVP GE Capital Fleet and the originator of floating rate fleet finance.
AFLA’s Fleet Visionary Award, sponsored by Merchants Fleet Management, recognized new voices in fleet management. Winners are:
- SuYvonne Bell, senior commercial operations analyst, Gilead Sciences
- Samantha Dinges, global data management and analytics leader, Avanos Medical
- Angelica Garcia, purchasing coordinator, Edward C. Levy
- Ashley Jach, logistics specialist, Sunrise Logistics
- James Keding, director corporate transportation, Patterson Companies, Inc.
- Alex May, senior manager, Rollins
- Kelly Pierce, manager of fleet, Hargray Communications Group
- Joe H. Suarez, senior director of fleet services, Florida Power & Light
- Jody Suiter, manager of fleet operations, BrightView Landscape