TU-Automotive has just announced that IBM’s CTO of Analytic Solutions and former CTO of Smart Cities & Operations, Calvin Lawrence, will be presenting on the impact of the Smart City on the fleet industry at the Connected Fleets USA Conference & Exhibition (Atlanta, GA, November 16-17).
IBM’s addition to the Connected Fleets USA 2015 speaker line-up demonstrates just how the fleet industry is moving towards a highly tech orientated, connected segment and also how the industry is being influenced by tech developments from outside the fleet space, such as the smart city. At the event –you can expect to hear from IBM on just how the smart city is developing to bring about efficiency in transportation and what technologies are needed to progress these developments.
Calvin Lawrence, CTO of Analytic Solutions at IBM explains that “as citizens themselves continue to be more socially capable and mobile – their expectation is that the cities in which they live will be fit for purpose. This is especially true for the fleet industry which relies on the efficiency of cities to keep logistics running.”
Jamie Muir, Project Director for TU-Automotive stated that “the inclusion of smart cities and IBM at this year’s event just goes to show how the connected fleet is evolving to incorporate a variety to industries. We are very pleased to have such a senior figure addressing this fascinating subject and bringing a new dimension to the event”.
Among the 30+ speakers at this year’s event will be MIT, Cummins, Navistar, Omnitracs and Continental who will be presenting to the audience of over 300 senior executives from a cross section of the connected fleets value chain.
To see the full speaker line-up click here: www.tu-auto.com/fleet/
The Challenges Facing the Connected Fleet
The agenda for this year’s event is now available. This year sees the focus on the hottest industry topics such as:
• Data, Data, Data: Exploring how data monetization, integration and advanced analytics hold the key to fleet efficiency.
• Cyber Security- Create a Fleet Firewall: From asset tracking to gaining vehicle control, gauge the threat posed by hackers and the role the OEM, TSP and fleet manager play in bringing about a secure framework
• The Human Element: Explore how the human fits into the connected fleet. Look at how mobile devices and gamification are implemented to improve driver behaviour and explore the role of the driver in a future autonomous fleet
• Future innovations: Hear how platooning is progressing and how autonomy and drones will change the industry.
• Infrastructure integration: Understand how smart infrastructure is evolving and the impact this is set to take on the fleet industry
• The business side: The marketplace is developing – look at the current state of the marketplace and hear how you can set yourself up for investment
Check out the agenda so far at: http://www.tu-auto.com/fleet/conference-speakers.php
A $100 discount on delegate passes expires October 23. Register here: http://www.tu-auto.com/fleet/register.php