eDriving, a Solera company, announced today that the company’s Founder and CEO, Ed Dubens, has decided to retire effective December 31, 2023.
eDriving’s leadership team, including Andy Cuerden, (Managing Director); Annette Correll, (Chief Customer Officer); Chad Lindholm, (Chief Business Development Officer); and Amir Sagri, (Chief Technology Officer), will continue to drive eDriving’s future growth and success following Dubens’ departure.
Dubens has served in his current role since the business’ formation in Brighouse, West Yorkshire in the UK. Originally focused on helping organizations secure ISO9000 certification and establish Customer Success cultures based on the principles of TQM (Total Quality Management), the company then evolved to include publication of the world’s first defensive driving CD-ROM and development of the platform that would help organizations create a “Crash-Free Culture”.
A proven innovator in the industry, today eDriving is recognized as a worldwide leader in digital driver risk management and safety, helping global corporations protect the safety of their employees while driving for work purposes.
Behind Dubens’ product vision and leadership, eDriving (originally Interactive Driving Systems) achieved significant milestones including:
- Developing the world’s first defensive driving CD-ROM working with one of Europe’s largest logistics services providers;
- Researching and launching RoadRISK®, the world’s first research-based, predictive driver risk assessment working with Dr. Will Murray (Huddersfield University);
- Developing Virtual Risk Manager,® the flagship driver risk management platform that combines incident, collision, license violation and 3rd party telemetry data allowing for a comprehensive view of driver risk and remediation of the most at-risk drivers using eDriving’s eLearning and coaching tools;
- Developing and patenting the Crash-Free Culture® continuous driver risk scoring methodology, DriverINDEX®;
- Launching Mentor by eDriving smartphone telematics-based driver safety app with the world’s first validated, predictive driver behavior score, the FICO® Safe Driving Score;
- Integrating Automatic Crash Detection & Emergency Response Services powered by Sfara & Bosch into Mentor, evolving it into the most comprehensive solution for enterprise driver safety;
- Integrating EcoDrive powered by Greater Than into Mentor, expanding its value proposition to include sustainability and reduction of drivers’ carbon emissions/EV battery usage by up to 20%.
In addition to providing product vision, Dubens has also been instrumental in expanding eDriving’s reach and impact around the world. Today the company supports employees driving for work purposes in over 125 countries as the driver risk management partner of choice for some of the world’s largest and most recognized organizations, including, Ecolab, Amazon, BT, Johnson & Johnson, Nestlé, Rollins, Cummins, Pfizer, Siemens, Coca-Cola, GSK, MSD, Cargill, Novo Nordisk, Bristol Myers, Novartis, and many more.
As a testament to the company’s delivery of world-class customer service, eDriving is proud to still serve its first UK customer (BT), its first U.S. customer (Eagle Transport), and its first channel partner (Zurich Risk Engineering/Resilience) via collaborations that have spanned over 25 years.
Recent years saw Mentor clients expand across Germany, Austria, Spain, France, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, UAE, Turkey, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Mexico, Brazil, and China, contributing to 6.2 billion Mentor miles driven and ensuring adherence to global- and country-specific privacy standards, tailored to the requirements of client workers’ councils and unions.
“It was an absolute delight to work with such a visionary as Ed Dubens,” said Andy Bradley, former Head of Group Risk Services at Nestle. “While at Nestle, I enjoyed close collaboration with Ed, as he and his team worked tirelessly to ensure our driver risk management program was successful. Thanks to eDriving’s outstanding products, Ed’s passion for driver risk management, and his commitment to exceptional customer support, Nestle was able to cut its claims frequency by more than half and reduce its Average Claim Cost per Vehicle by a staggering 76%.”
From eDriving’s inception, Dubens instilled a commitment to product integrity, emphasizing research and results. Its Virtual Risk Manager program was shown to reduce collisions by up to 67% and Mentor by eDriving’s smartphone-based driver safety program has been proven to reduce risky driving behaviors by up to 89%. Along the journey to such demonstrable impact, eDriving, its customers, and its products have been recognized with over 125 industry awards.
“I’ve had the time of my life,” said Ed, reflecting on his 30-year run with eDriving. “I never could have imagined that from the humble beginnings at my dining table in Brighouse, West Yorkshire in the UK, and then our garage in Cape May, New Jersey in the U.S., would emerge a company destined to help over two million drivers return home safely to their loved ones every day. I couldn’t have asked for more committed, more passionate, more customer-centric co-pilots along this eDriving journey than the brilliant wizards at eDriving, and the privilege to support such an incredible group of customers who work tirelessly every day to change hearts, minds, and cultures, inspired by the vision of safer roads for all.”